Request Fingerprint Cards
IMPORTANT NOTE: Our processes have been updated and fingerprint cards for financial enterprises and financial institutions are only needed if the Department specifically asks you to submit them to AZDFI.
In lieu of submitting a fingerprint card to AZDFI:
For Financial Enterprises, individuals requiring a criminal background check will be directed to a secure website where they will enter all applicable information for a criminal background check to be completed.
For Financial Institutions, officials subject to a criminal background check are required to fill out a biographical and financial form and submit it to the Financial Institutions Division using the confidential e-mail instructions.
For the Appraisal Division, all background checks, clearance cards and fingerprint card information can be obtained by visiting https://boa.az.gov/about/general-information.
If AZDFI requires a fingerprint card, contact your local law enforcement agency regarding finger print services.
To keep your fingerprint card from being rejected or delayed, please read and follow the Fingerprint Card Instructions.
- Fingerprint fees are $22.00 for each card and must be on a separate check made out to the Department of Financial Institutions, if other fees are being enclosed.
- Fingerprint results may take up to 90 days to be returned from the DPS and the FBI, which may affect an approved status if negative information is received.
Where to send your completed Fingerprint Card:
- If you are an Institution, mail your completed Fingerprint Card to:
AZDFI, Financial Institutions Division, 2910 N. 44th Street, Suite 310, Phoenix, Arizona 85018
- If you are an Enterprise, mail your completed Fingerprint Card along with your completed application to: AZDFI, Licensing Division, 2910 N. 44th Street, Suite 310, Phoenix, Arizona 85018
- If you are a Loan Originator, digital fingerprinting is completed through NMLS.
If you have any questions, and you are employed with a Financial Institution, send an e-mail request to email@example.com. If you are employed with a Financial Enterprise, send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the Appraisal Division, send an e-mail request to REAinfo@azdfi.gov